Random lessons from 15+ years of motherhood
Children are a blessing and gift from the Lord. Psalm 127:3 CEV1. Imaginary cookies,pies and cakes are delicious and slimming.
2. Some children just need to have bells attached to their belt loops at all times.
3. (Mommy + Wounded Child) X (Bully Child + Passive Parent of Bully) = Grizzly Bear Mommy
4. God gave us Bible verses that apply to every parenting occasion, but it takes awhile to look them up.
5. Mom vs. child light saber duels delight, but result in injury.
6. God gave me a Mommy swimsuit for a reason — a very, very good reason.
7. Bypassing a rule just this once = regular, future trouble.
8. Seeing my children sing to Jesus, pray for friends and share good lessons makes my heart soar.
9. When you’ve rushed to the ER with your child, and she tells the nurse everything looks wavy, she will receive attention immediately.
10. Watching your children sleep is a sweet gift.
Some people brought their children to Jesus so he could bless them by placing his hands upon them. But the disciples told the people to stop bothering him.
When Jesus saw this, he became angry and said, “Let the children come to me and don’t try to stop them. People who are like these little children belong to the kingdom of God. I promise you that you cannot get into God’s kingdom, unless you accept it the way a child does.”
Matthew 19:13-15 CEV